TJ Aerospace is a growing Aerospace manufacturing company specializing in milling/fabricating small to large high precision-machined and tight tolerance parts in Garden Grove, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Production Expeditor consist of but are not limited to:
- Communicating effectively as liaison between operations, team members, customers and vendors on any manufacturing and supply chain issues pertaining to the production schedule.
- Interacting with suppliers and outside processors on a daily basis to ensure purchase orders are delivered on-time and within specifications.
- Communicating with suppliers and outside processors to resolve issues that may arise.
- Ensure quality parts are delivered to customers on-time.
- Expediting operations that delay schedules and altering schedules to meet unforeseen conditions by communicating with various departments, vendors and customers.
- Scheduling the workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequence and lead times.
- Scheduling the sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation and other manufacturing operations for the guidance of production workers.
- Improving on-time delivery performance by interacting with all areas of plant operations.
- Conferring with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Preparing lists of required materials, tools and equipment.
- Maintain weekly visibility on any part shortages.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment: AS9100 and First Article Inspection
- Organization; analyzing information; deal with complexity; detail-oriented; deadline-oriented; time management; process improvement; safety management; lifting; data entry skills
- Knowledge of scheduling, production workflow and planning procedures
- Ability and knowledge to operate a forklift
- Familiar with ERP programs such as JobBoss
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Intermediate math skills
- Ability to multi-task
Experience with multiple aerospace customer specifications.